To many American Legion Auxiliary members, the poppy is a favorite — not just in its symbolism, vibrant color, or memories of distribution days with family. It’s one of the significant ways we can help so many active-duty servicemembers and their families. But what happens when the funds we raise from poppy distributions become confusing? Instead of getting mired in process and letting the money collect dust, we encourage you to take part in a FREE upcoming ALA Academy Live webinar on poppy funds to see how you can be part of moving the mission forward.
Using Poppy Funds to Serve Our Mission
Thursday, May 20, at 8 p.m. Eastern
Often, American Legion Auxiliary units wonder if their use of poppy funds falls within the revised guidelines set forth by The American Legion National Executive Committee in 2013 and 2014. This ALA webinar will raise awareness about food insecurity in the military, as well as teach attendees how poppy funds can be used to lessen this urgent problem.
This webinar will help ALA members connect with pre-existing military food pantries nationwide, illustrate other necessities that poppy funds can be used for when working with active-duty military families, and share ways to connect with the military — even if you don’t live near a military installation.
Snapshot view of what participants will learn in this webinar:
- Develop an understanding of how poppy funds can’t and can be used (in that order).
- Develop an understanding of the prevalence and impact of food insecurity within military ranks.
- Develop an understanding on how poppy funds can be used for this problem of food insecurity.
- Share ways to connect with pre-existing “military” food pantries nationwide.
- Illustrate other necessities that poppy funds can be used for when working with active-duty military families.
- Share ways to connect with the military even if you don’t live near a military installation.
How can we do more to help those who serve? This question has been asked by our dedicated American Legion Auxiliary members since the organization’s founding. Poppy funds are a big help, and they don’t have to be complicated. Sign up today for this webinar and see why. Register here.