Department Leadership National Conference
-The 2020 Department Leadership National Conference in Indianapolis is canceled for safety amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The Department Leadership National Conference brings all upcoming leadership together at one event for planning—in a time of year when it can still impact what departments do to help create a cohesive message across the nation. Topics covered at the conference are geared towards the positions of Department President, Department Secretary, and Department Membership Chairman.
- To brief Department leadership on relevant administrative issues from national headquarters
- To facilitate dialogue and encourage cooperation between Department leadership and the National Leadership team on ALA objectives for the upcoming year, including the national plan for enhancing membership in the ALA.
- To provide ongoing professional development for ALA leaders and to identify potential department leaders who are ready to move to national leadership
- To facilitate informal mentoring and share “best practice” information among attendees
Who attends the Department Leadership National Conference?
- Department secretaries
- Incoming department presidents
- Upcoming department Membership Committee representative(s)