Our veterans are our heroes – the very lifeblood of why we joined the American Legion Auxiliary. When they hurt, we hurt. That’s why it’s important for us to learn about the ways we can help veterans heal. Take part in this free ALA Academy webinar that’s part of the Auxiliary’s Mission Delivery - Veteran Services series:
Mission Delivery - Veterans Creative Arts
Tuesday, Feb. 23, at 8 p.m. ET
Featuring a panel of subject-matter experts, this course will illustrate how art therapy and participation in the Veterans Creative Arts Competition and Festival positively impacts veterans by supporting their healing through creative arts. You will also learn the many ways the Veterans Creative Arts Competition and Festival is supported by your fellow Auxiliary members nationwide, as well as avenues of support that can be utilized to start a Veterans Creative Arts Competition at your local U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs medical center.
Also included in this webinar: a brief overview of grants available through the American Legion Auxiliary Foundation; ways ALA units can become involved in starting local or supporting local festivals/competitions; and how the National Veterans Creative Arts Competition and Festival will be changing in the next few years.
Snapshot view of what participants will learn in this webinar:
- Overview of the competitions and Festival.
- What support could the ALA provide to the VA, CBOCs, CLC — art displays at the local level?
- Examples of Festivals, stories about our successes.
- The future — information about upcoming Festivals, changes in competition season, changes in the process to submit artwork.
- How to support local Veterans Creative Arts Competitions both financially and with volunteer support.
- How to support individual veterans attending the national Festival.
- How to fund local activities through Veterans Creative Arts Festival Grants from the ALA Foundation.
- How art therapy and participation in the Competition/Festival impacted a veteran’s life.
for this valuable member benefit. Click here
to learn more about the American Legion Auxiliary Foundation, and how you can support the ALA community of volunteers serving veterans, military, and their families.