The Cavalcade of Memories captures the milestones, moments, and lifetime of our organization from trophies, plaques, and pictures to restored artifacts and priceless keepsakes. These treasures from our history have come to us from all over the world. Each item adds more detail to our Auxiliary history books and another chance to relive our most cherished memories.
The national American Legion Auxiliary Cavalcade of Memories was established by a national convention resolution in 1972 that allocated funds to create a museum at National Headquarters. The purpose of the Cavalcade of Memories is to display, share, and perpetuate our history, traditions, and milestones.
Cavalcade of Memories Virtual TourClick here to see a preview of our virtual tour of the Cavalcade of Memories.
This exciting virtual tour directly connects you to your organization's rich history and is the next phase in digitizing images or our artifacts and bringing the Cavalcade to life.
(Revised July 8, 2008 by National Chairman Sherry McLaughlin)
1. Only items of historical significance to the national organization will be accepted. These are defined currently as items related directly to programs or activities specifically related to a past national president’s term of office or items related to a past national secretary or past national treasurer’s term. Items submitted that do not meet this criteria will be evaluated for suitability prior to acceptance.
2. Nothing should be sent to the National Headquarters until permission is received from National to do so.
3. Owners who donate items to National Headquarters give up all rights to ownership of the items, including the right to make decisions regarding the use, maintenance, and disposition of accepted items.
4. Please follow these guidelines when seeking permission to make donations to the National Cavalcade of Memories:
a. Units or individual members should first notify their department office of items they might wish to donate to the National Cavalcade of Memories. It is best to notify the department in writing.
b. Departments should then contact the National Headquarters either in writing at 8945 N. Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46260; or by fax at 317-569-4502; or by email at natlsecy@ALAforVeterans.org. Be sure your correspondence gives a full description of the items and their relationship to those individuals noted in No. 1 above.
c. Do not send anything to the National Headquarters until you have written confirmation that the national organization is able to accept it.
Cavalcade of Memories National ChairmanKenya OstermeierDepartment of Indianacavalcade@ALAforVeterans.org
"I couldn't believe I was chosen for a national award. The scholarship has helped me a lot with my college expenses..."
- Dereck Neben, Children of Warriors Scholarship Recipient