67th Girl's Nation Congress
To rehabilitate and reintegrate into society federal prisoners.
IN THE SENATE OF GIRL'S NATION
Senators Wise and Belnap of Idaho introduce the following bill; which was referred to Committee .
Be it enacted by the senate of girl's nation assemble.
sECTION 1. TITLE
This act may be cited as the "Rehabilitation and Reintegration Act".
SECTION 2. PURPOSE
The Rehabilitation and Reintegration Act will provide for a rehabilitative system in federal incarceration facilities and guarantee successful reintegration into society after release.
SECTION 3 DEFINITIONS
Rehabilitation is the restoration of an individual into a useful place in society.
Reintegration pertains to the gradual reintroduction into society of a prisoner after their sentence is served, including the restoration of rights.
SECTION 4: REHABILITATION AND REINTEGRATION ACT
The Rehabilitation and Reintegration Act entails that:
(A) All federal incarceration facilities will have professional rehabilitative services offered to every prisoner within its care.
(1) Prisoners with shorter sentences will be given precedence for care.
(B) Rehabilitative services are subject to annual reviews by an appointed national organization.
(1) If a facility has a recidivism rate in excess of 20%, it will have 6 months to decrease it.
(2) If at the end of six months the rate has not decreased, the facility will lose funding until they pass annual review.
(C) If a rehabilitative program is successfully completed, the prisoner is restored their full rights upon release.
(1) Approval of successful rehabilitation must be agreed upon by the rehabilitative professional, sentencing judge, and parole board.
(2) Expungement of offense from record may be granted upon approval.
(D) Prisoners will be given access to services and resources to reintegrate back into society post-release and such as deemed necessary.
SECTION 5. EFFECTIVE DATE
This act shall come into effect on January 1st,2014.
“Girls Nation has embedded, without doubt, an everlasting visage on my heart, for no experience can even compare..." – Siyu Liu, ALA Girls Nation Senator